Jenks West Elementary is having Bingo night event on January 25(Friday). It will be taking place at Jenks Middle School in the cafeteria. It is a great opportunity to earn Keyclub service hour and you DSG form. The time will be 5:30 pm to 9:00 pm. If you would like to earn your service hour, PLease sing up the link below. If you have any question, feel free to ask me or Mrs, Feldman Carrie, anytime.
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
What: Night to Shine it is a prom for those with special needs, ages 14 and up. Over 700 people with special needs signed up to attend this year! Volunteers are paired up with one of the special needs attendees and you will help them have a fun and memorable night! They are in need of over 400 volunteers.
When: February 8th 6-8pm (volunteers arrive from 4:30-5:30) You must also attend the volunteer meeting on January 31st from 7-8 p.m.
Who: volunteers age 16 and up to be “buddies” for the night.
Please watch this video to see what the event is like: https://vimeo.com/255919102
Volunteer Sign-up: Text SHINE to 313131 AND Sign up at this link for the first option (buddies/escort team): https://theassembly.wufoo.com/forms/prj4v76043pbbk/
You must fill out this form to volunteer and attend the volunteer meeting in February.
Pictures from last year: https://www.theassembly.pics/Shine
If you sign up for this event, it is greatly appreciated!! You must have a ride to and from the event as well as the volunteer meeting. If you know you will not have a ride, please do not sign up.
This project is under Special Projects so when submitting your hours, please submit under the special projects option.
Questions? email email@example.com.
Board Project: K2K High School
Hey guys! A few teachers need help organizing their classrooms this month! This is a great way to earn points while you’re still at school!
What? Helping can range from sorting papers, organizing materials, shelving books, cleaning the classroom, etc.
When? Various days until Friday, February 8th (last day for this project)
Where? Building & room numbers are located next to the date & time
To sign up, please visit this link!
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Remind101: Text @k2khs to 81010 or enter it into the app.
I hope you all had a wonderful and restful Winter Break and are ready to get back into service!
Last year, I made a post about Asbury Second Saturday service opportunity. The Second Saturdays are still happening and the next one is this Saturday, January 12th from 8:15-12 (noon). I will go ahead and post the information again in case you missed it last time.
Asbury United Methodist Church 2nd Saturday is a wonderful way to receive four hours of community service! Below is a description of how 2nd Saturday works:
- Guarantees 4 hours of community service (8:15am-12:15pm)
- Is free and easy
- You can bring friends and family (children 13 and younger must be accompanied by an adult)
- Has no advance registration (except for liability form signed by parents on first visit)
- Provides transportation to and from sites
- Allows you to choose where and how you serve—there are different service opportunities each week for places all over Tulsa!
2nd Saturday is easy and fun:
- Come to Asbury Venue (6910 S 101st E Ave, SE of Asbury’s Main Building, east of David’s Bridal) on the second Saturday of the month at 8:15am wearing work clothes.
- Registration is a simple liability form filled out by a parent on the first visit (do not need it filled out again for subsequent visits), or parents can go to the link at the bottom of this post to fill it out in advance.
- Pick a serving site from 5-10 options which vary each month. Opportunities commonly include: Interior painting, nursing home visits, cleaning, gardening, minor repairs, neighborhood pickup, organizing, block parties and food packaging. There are projects for all ages, outside and inside, easy and difficult.
- Get on a bus.
- Return to Venue by 12:15.
For more information about this service opportunity click here.
To access the liability form for ages 17 and under click here.
Any questions? Contact me at email@example.com. You can file your hours for this project under Special Projects when you submit hours.
Also, you can contact Betty Higgins and Lanette Celoni, 2nd Saturday Co-Directors at firstname.lastname@example.org or (918) 492-1771 ext. 2408.
View the December Newsletter here!
- DCON Announcement
- Divisional Election Conference
- Articles written by your lovely board members
- Upcoming volunteering opportunities
Congratulations to the following members of the month:
Mark Mills-Board Member
Cing Man-General Member
Keep up the great work!
Hi Key Clubbers, remember our January General meeting is NEXT Thursday, January 17th before and after school in the Building 6 Auditorium!
It is not this Thursday because this is our first week back to school, and we want you to have time to get settled into your schedules.
See you next week
Board Project: Health & Wellbeing
What? Volunteers are needed to help pack diapers of various sizes, sort & pair children’s clothes, and more! Snacks & drinks will be available!
When? Saturday, January 12th, from 9am – 12pm
Where? 222 South Houston Avenue
To sign up, visit this link! You MUST be able to volunteer if you sign up.
Questions? Feel free to contact me at email@example.com! I look forward to volunteering!
Want early access to my volunteer opportunities? Sign up for my Remind101!
Remind101: Text @k2khs to 81010 or enter it into the app!
Hey everyone! The Jenks basketball team still needs more volunteers for their concession stand! Sign up here
If you do sign up, PLEASE make sure to enter your phone number in the spot that says “comments” so we can confirm that you are going to volunteer.
If you guys missed December General Meeting and/or want information provided during the meeting, follow the link below: